Monday, March 2, 2009

WONDER WOMAN!


Finally! Another in the series of PG-13 rated animated flicks from the people at DC. And this time we get the adventures of Wonder Woman. Now, I knows me some comics mythos so I am glad to say that DC was intelligent enough not to stray from the formula. We get a little girl made from clay who springs to life. But, even as origin stories go, this doesn't concern itself with the origin too much. There are bigger fish to fry, like Ares, God OF War who is Hellbent on reducing the world to an ash in his thirst for war. That's enough to keep an Amazonian princess busy for the 74 minute flick. The action moves the story along at a fairly decent clip and there are some truly funny moments as Diana adjusts to the outside world.
The art is reminiscent of anime at it's finest and I really liked their interpretation of Hades in this movie. I don't think I had ever seen him portrayed as such.
The two disc set has a ton of goodies in it, the best of the bunch being a preview of the new Green Lantern flick coming out this summer.
I think DC should just stick to these features as they stay true to the comics which satisfies the hardcore fans and they are able to flex their muscles a little with the more mature rating.
This is just as good as the previous two films and I can not wait for the Green Lantern flick coming down the pipe.

Here's a video to whet your appetite. The DVD releases tomorrow.

No comments: