Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HAROLD AND KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY



I have to admit that I saw this one first in the theater. I had never seen the first one where they went to White Castle. Did that ruin this for me? No, it's reminiscent of the string of stoner comedies that sprang from the minds of Cheech and Chong, but on a smarter level. That's right, I said that Harold and Kumar were smart. What of it? Of course the break away performance for this one would have to be Rob Cordry as the head of national security. He is insane throughout the course of this film.
Now the fun with the two disc set. First, it's unrated. This is a good thing. Second they do a choose your own adventure kind of thing where you get to choose how the movie goes. This is definitely fun.
There are tons of extras on the two disc set and Neil Patrick Harris makes this the must have movie of the summer. I would even go so far as to say that this one is better than the first.

No comments: