Saturday, August 22, 2015

MARTIAN MANHUNTER

 

 So, finances dictated that I was unable to make my last bi weekly trip to Fanfare. This week I picked up a lot of comic books. Two of them were Martian Manhunter 2 & 3. I have always loved Martian Manhunter. A lot of times I have felt that people didn't get him. Giffen and DeMatteis from the old Justice LEague days did and those are great issues.
Now, with a new configuration of the DC Universe thanks to Convergence, we get a new series.
This is so good.
It reminds me of the recent reboot of Dial H for Hero and old school Vertigo. It is revealing something that we all took for granted is horribly wrong.
J'onn J'onzz is not the last Martian.
While some might look at that as a cause for celebration, nothing could be farther from the truth.
The writing on this book is so good. Author Rob Williams brings his A game to a series that might just be the most interesting thing that DC has done in years.
The art by Eddy Barrows is epic. Twisted, dark and just insane in some panels.
A lot of people forget that J'onn is a shapeshifter.
That is brought to glorious, horrific life by Barrows.
There are only three issues out right now and if you want an intriguing story with fantastic artwork starring one of the mainstay characters of the DC Universe, then you need this book.
As I said earlier I bought a lot of books this week. I'll be back this weekend to cover them all.
Seeya!

See, ain't this some creepy stuff??

No comments: