Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Another classic Captain America tirade

I can remember when if you were a huge, monster, Captain America fan you read three books; Captain America, The Avengers and The Invaders. Once in a while there would be a miniseries or something else Captain America and you would pick that up. I have hundreds upon hundreds of issues of comic books with Captain America in them. I have the first ten issues hardbound in a slipcover. This has been my purchasing habit for decades. Decades. Can you imagine what it must be like for someone like me who goes to the comic shop regularly and doesn't buy any Avengers book, no Captain America book and no Invaders book? Devastating comes to mind as does sad. It's just sad that I have been forced to leave my favorite character behind when it comes to new adventures. I've said it before and I will say it again. Steve Rogers IS Captain America. Not because he's white. Not for any other reason than he is what embodies the true spirit of Captain America. It's not just a suit. It's Steve Rogers. And now, for the time being anyway, he is gone. And that sucks. I was going to put up a picture of some classic Kirby Captain America, but you know what? I just don't feel like it. And that might be the saddest thing of all. Fuck you Rick Remender. I blame you for all of this.

No comments: