Saturday, October 13, 2007

DAMNATION CRUSADE


I can remember my first encounter with the Warhammer 40K Universe. I bought a board game called SPACE HULK. I loved that game. I played it for hours, glued the little pieces together, painted the figures. Of course I was a newbie so my paint schemes weren't proper, but I thought they were great. My biggest problem was painting the Genestealers. They wanted them all the same color. Bah! I had a Spawn colored one a red white and blue one and...well, you get the idea. After that I learned of the bigger picture and knew that I had neither the cash or patience to get involved in that madness. I am a big fan of the computer game Chaos Gate, but that's as far as it gets.
Now the fine folks at BOOM! Studios have given us a trade paper back and hardcover of their Warhammer 40K series DAMNATION CRUSADE.
DAMNATION CRUSADE chronicled a man by the name of Raclaw who becomes one of The Black Templars in service of the emperors Space Marines.
This series oozes Warhammer with every pore. The cool body armor, the bigger mechs and their nightmarish opponents. It's all there. Written by Dan Abnett and Ian Edginton with gorgeous illustrations by Lui Antonio this is a volume that any true fan of serious space opera and Warhammer 40K fans in particular will need to have in their collection

No comments: