Monday, August 22, 2011

Comic Round Up

Yup, went and bought comic books again. Here's what I got;

FRANKENSTEIN AND THE CREATURES OF THE UNKNOWN 2 & 3





This wraps up the miniseries and sets up the continuing storyline in the newly revamped DC Universe. It worked well. We got resolution for some characters and they even remembered GI Robot, which is cool. I see myself buying the new series when it comes out.

THE FEARSOME FOUR





I had no idea about this book! It seems that since the Marvel Universe is gripped in fear, The Man-Thing has gone berserk, drawn to large metropolitan areas to burn out the fear. There is only one, er, man able to stop him...Howard The Duck!   Along with Nighthawk, She Hulk and Frankenstein's Monster making this one of the best comics out there. I hope it continues after the four issues, but with my luck that ain't happening. Too bad.

RED SKULL:INCARNATE




The second issue of the history of a true sociopath. This comic is both compelling and bleak and one of the most interesting things Marvel has ever done with one of it's characters. And Marvel seriously needs to consider releasing these magnificent covers as posters.

No comments: