Thursday, December 2, 2010

DVD Round Up

 These seem to work best. We get a lot of DVDs here at Penguin Comics Central and with the holidays it's a good place to get these holiday goodies.

My daughters love these things and with the holidays approaching it is the best of the bunch. Yeah, it's a girl movie, but so what?





Um, didn't they make this already with Macauley Culkin and this little girl and he died in it? I thought Rob Reiner poured on a little too much scmaltz with this. At least he gave us Spinal Tap.






Always an Eccleston fan. I have to tell you that when I got this I thought it was Lennon. Then I looked a little harder and there he was. Fascinating and well done.







This was never going to work for me. I am a Sherlock purist. I think the original stories in their original settings are so well done that when things like this come along I cringe. Yeah, some people might like this and if it leads them to the original stories then great. Not my cup of tea.




A lovely remastering of a holiday classic. When you get through with Rudolph, Charlie Brown, Frosty and the multitude of other Rankin Bass flicks don't leave this one out. A delightful Christmas tale in a great package.
















I want to wish each and all of you a very Merry Christmas and an excellent New Year. I think that our founder, Larry Stanley would be happy with Penguin Comics. I know he loved Christmas. Stay warm, stay safe and be happy in this joyous season.

No comments: