Monday, August 24, 2009

ATTACK OF THE TV BOX SETS

Time to see what is up in the world of television and those lovely box sets that make it possible for us to have lives no longer under the steel grip of the television overlords.

Just kidding, but here are a plethora of television box sets from around the globe!

Once again, kidding. I'm pretty sure all of this stuff is American made or, at the very least, Canadian. (No offense, Canadians, you brew a lovely beer and I am a big fan of your bacon).

Now, on to the reviews!



SUPERNATURAL Season Four

Season Four! Man, it felt like this thing just came out. And it's up to season four??? I caught a couple of episodes way back when and it was alright. Not really my cup of tea, but okay. I perused the box set and found nothing to really change my opinion one way or the other.



TWO AND A HALF MEN Season Six

This one of my new favorite reruns on Fox to watch. Sheen and Cryer are excellent together and the kid is funny too. I have always been a Cryer fan and it's good to see him still making the funny. Excellent sitcom with and excellent cast. This show can stay around forever.



ONE TREE HILL Season Six

I never watched this show. Upon viewing a few episodes from this set I can also say I haven't missed anything. The girls are pretty and the drama is pretty cookie cutter fare. I'm guessing that the pretty girls have kept this around for six seasons. Yeah, the pretty girls, that's the ticket.



SMALLVILLE Season Eight

Shouldn't this show be called Lois and Clark by now? I mean he's in Metropolis so, what's left to say. Over the years this show has messed around with the Superboy mythos enough to make me more than a little nauseous and this season is really no exception. Are we, as comic fans, really this hard up for stuff like this/ Cartoon Network's Brave And The Bold is infinitely better than this crap and more fun to boot.



FRINGE Season One

I tried this one out. Yeah, I'm gonna use my memories of X-Files to keep me warm instead. I get what they are trying to do here, but I think they are trying to hard and it shows. The lenticular box is pretty cool though.




SCOOBY DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? Volume Three

It's classic Scooby. There is nothing better in the known universe. I wish they would just put them all in one huge box set. That would make it better.

Nothing spectacular up there, is there? Nope, with the exception of Scooby Doo, of course. And sure, Two And A Half Men is pretty damned cool as well. Well, fear no more little campers. I have saved the best for last.



SUPERFRIENDS: THE LOST EPISODES

What do you do when you continue to make episodes of Superfriends cartoons and there is no Superfriends show on television. You air those puppies on the Superman/Batman Adventures show and everyone loves them. Now they are all here for your enjoyment and this is some pretty good stuff. Lots of guest stars, short running times per episode. This is classic Hanna Barbera at its finest and a true addition to any Superfriends fan's library. I like this so much that I'm gonna include a clip right here;




There ya go people. Enough television programming to shock as moose and as varied as...well, I don't know , but it's as varied as something, that's for sure.
And I am out.

Seeya!

No comments: