Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Comic of the Week 2/27/2019

PUNKS NOT DEAD:LONDON CALLING #1
Written by David Barnett
Art by Martin Simmonds

Last year Shelly Bond's Black Crown Imprint through IDW released what may have been my favorite book. PUNKS NOT DEAD: TEENAGE KICKS. At first I was annoyed that it was over, then I realized that they were chopping it into separate books.
This is the second book.
Let's do  recap;Fergie is fifteen year old lad with the normal problems in life. Then the ghost of a punk rocker named Sid shows up and Fergie is te only one who can see him. Pretty soon a secret government agency headed by a woman named Dorothy Culpepper who is more than she seems is on the trail of Fergie and Sid.
Now, Fergie needs to find out where his dad Billy, sometimes called Beleth is and find out what makes him different.
This new series hits the ground running. Fergie and Sid are hot on the trail of what they thing is a pretty normal situation. Young man looking for his missing dad.
But, Billy is more than he appears and Fergie and Sid may be in way over their heads.
This book more than anything else gives me Vertigo flashbacks. I mean Vertigo when Sandman was still around and the Vertigo imprint was fearless and would try anything at least twice.
That's what this book is in a nutshell. It's smart, well written and the art is gorgeous, trippy and so beautiful to stare at.
I'm glad the second series is back and I hope it sticks around for a little while.
I missed this book.

Image result for punks not dead london calling issue 1

No comments: