Monday, May 5, 2014

Marvel Super Hero Smashers



Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge Captain America fan. Luckily, I am able to put toys on my desk at work so there are an unnatural amount of Captain America toys populating my desk. There is also a small army of BeMos from Adventure Time, but that’s another story.
When I heard that Marvel was doing a series of action figures where you can swap out body parts I was intrigued. When I saw the Captain America figure for nine bucks at a grocery trip to Aldi’s I took the plunge.
This is a pretty stocky action figure. I think it may have been designed with the younger crowd in mind. The musculature is stocky and exaggerated, you know, like if Bart Sears had drawn the plan for the figure. It has eleven points of articulation, which isn’t a lot, but then most figures don’t allow you to pop off various limbs and add extremities from the likes of The Hulk, Dr. Doom and Spider-Man. That is pretty cool. And, yes, you can pop the head off.
To be honest, I might pick up The Falcon figure because it goes with Captain America, but I can’t see myself investing in the entire line of figures. It would mess up my desk theme for one. Maybe if they introduce more villains. I could use a Red Skull Masher. You hear me Marvel?
My only complaint would be the injection points for the arms and legs seem a little rough and sloppy.  You can see there wasn’t much care in making these, but what can you expect from a combination of Hasbro, Marvel and China?

Other than that, he makes a worthy addition to my desk collection. He’s a pretty sturdy action figure regardless of the injection points flaw.

No comments: