Saturday, May 7, 2011

XOMBI


I really love comics. The unfortunate part is that if I love a series that is new, it doesn't have long for this world.
DEVIL DINOSAUR, MACHINE MAN, NIGHT FORCE and, of course, XOMBI. I always thought it was a smart, funny book that is more of a antihero kind of story.
Anyway, I read them all and they cancelled it anyway.
Well, good news. It's back and it's great. I like that they have let David continue to be doing things while his comic book has been gone. He has been examining what he is and is able to affect his environment more than ever before.
Things from the old series like the unlikely duo Nun Of The Above and Catholic Girl along with an interesting creature called a Rustling Husk that is created with the souls of insects that die trapped in between windows.
The new series has a group of creatures that run a cult and they are made of old bible tracts and political manifestos.
Like I said...interesting.
I have read the first two books and hope that it sticks around for a very long time.
But, I'm not holding my breath.


No comments: