Friday, December 12, 2008

ANYONE REMEMBER THIS GUY???


I'm referring to the fat bastard in the picture above, film maker Kevin Smith. Remember the good old days when he would write in his blog everyday and tell us the minutiae of his life? Remember when his blog was funny and not just an attempt to push product? Hell, we didn't mind him pushing said product because he kept in touch with us like a cousin that we liked. It was like having another member of the family albeit a really funny member of the family.
When did it all go south? I blame Zack and Miri. He went to make that flick and kept to himself. After the intensive blogging for Clerks 2, this quiet was unnerving at best. Sure, eventually he threw us a bone once in a while, but his blog has been silent like Bob since November 5th and that was to pimp some comic that he and Walt Flanagan did with some dude named Batman. Pretty damned lame.
I remember him pimping Red State and complaining that there was no money in place. I'm pretty sure that that didn't stop him from making Clerks, his best film so, why should this be any different. If he wants to do something different he needs to put his neck out there and not rely on the safety net of The Weinsteins. Or here's a better idea; sow everyone how wrong they were and finance the thing yourself. You did it with your best movie why not try that again?
Another solution is go to your mindless, rabid fan base. If you asked them all to contribute via PayPal you would have more than enough cash to make the film you wanted.
Of course since Mr. Smith is in some bizarre cone of silence of late there is no way of knowing what is going on.
The other thing that worries me is his weight. The behind the scenes stuff I saw for Zack And Miri showed me a huge Kevin Smith. I wish no ill on the man so I hope that he's not dealing with weight related issues. I have on a number of occasions offered to help him lose the weight and keep it off for good. No reply from the Smith camp on that one. Instead he goes for that liquid diet that is just incorrect. The offer still stands Kevin. Just get ahold of me via this site. I'm sure that since I've bashed you one of your mindless legions will discover this post and get it back to you in the most negative way possible.
I just had to get this out in the open because I always liked Kevin Smith. The Kevin Smith that made movies that I could relate to and laugh about and have fun with. The communicative Kevin Smith who would tell us just about anything.
Now we get bupkis.
That's all I got.
I gotta go.

No comments: